Founded in 2005, Excellims Corporation is a rapidly growing company focused on the development of innovative chemical detection and analysis technologies. We have an extensive IP portfolio and R&D projects leading to multi-generation products with major market opportunities in the life sciences and homeland security.
Excellims of looking for strong candidates to fill the position of Precision Electromechanical Assembler. The selected candidate will be performing the assembly of many different complex electromechanical assemblies as required for low volume manufacturing of analytical instrumentation. Individual drive and flexibility to work in a rapidly developing entrepreneurial environment is expected. Position is full time, with full Medical, Dental and PTO benefits.
Primary functions of this position include:
- Assembly of complex small mechanical assemblies
- Assembly of cables
- Performing and documenting functional tests from written instructions
- Cleaning of small precision machined parts
- Inspection of incoming parts and material
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years' experience assembling electromechanical assemblies
- Able to read CAD drawings and assembly instructions
- 20/20 vision (corrected)
- Good hand-eye coordination and exceptional attention to detail
- Experience building cable assemblies and use of associated equipment: crimp tools, heat shrink, etc.
- Production soldering skills for both through hole and SMT.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency with small hand tools such as calipers, dial gauges, torque drivers, etc.
- Must be a permanent resident of the United States., U.S. citizen is preferred.
Strongest Candidates will also have:
- Associates Degree in relevant technical areas (Manufacturing, Electronics, etc.)
- Experience assembling and handling vacuum clean parts and assemblies
- Analytical Instrument assembly experience.
- Mil Spec and/or IPC soldering training and certification.